BABABE, ADAM BUKAR, born on 29th August 1985 and hails from Bundur Village of Kukawa LGA, Borno State. He obtained his Primary School Leaving Certificate in 1997, from University Staff School, and Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE), in 2003 from University Staff Secondary School, all in Maiduguri. In 2004, he obtained a Diploma in Computer Repairs and Maintenance, from Yaysib Computer Institute. In 2010, he obtained a bachelor’s degree in B. Engr. Hons. Computer Engineering from the prestigious University of Maiduguri and a Diploma in Project Management, in 2016 on Advance Learning Interactive System Online (ALISON). He went further to obtain an M. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Networking) graduating with a First Class in 2017, from Sharda University, India.
He was awarded with a TETFUND AST&D Scholarship for Foreign Training (M. Tech), in 2015 and Borno State Scholarship Board bursary for undergraduates in 2004. He has also received a couple of merit: A Commendation Letter for hard-work, Dept. of Computer Engineering, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri in 2014, a Letter of Recognition, Intern Student, Intercellular Nig Plc, in 2008
As a man of multiple talents and expertise he was able to get the best of his time as he was able to dive into activities that provide him with the chance to prove his skills in teaching. In 2011, he started offering lectures for Diploma courses in Computer Sci, UNIMAID Consultancy Services (SQL Programming, Intro to database system, File organization & management). Also, in April, 2012. He currently offers lectures to students in Higher National Diploma and National Diploma courses in Computer Engineering Department, Ramat Polytechnic (Introduction to computer networking, Programming in C++, Technical Presentation, end of program student project supervision).
Bababe is a member of COREN Registered Engineer, Corporate Member, Nigerian Computer Society, Corporate Member, IEEE, Corporate Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Member, American Association of Science and Technology, Member, Ramat Committee on Needs Assessment of Nig. Polytechnics, Member, Member/Desk Officer, Ramat Polytechnic Tender Board Committee on University of Maiduguri Affiliation, Ramat Poly., and Counseling Advisor, Noida International University, India.
Multipotentiality is the word that describe Bababe Adam Bukar, a man whose interest span multiple fields, who has worked tirelessly, learning, exploring, and mastering new skills that brings about disparate ideas together in creative ways. Listed below are his skills and expertise: Working Level Skills in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Professional Level Skills on Geographical Information System (GIS) Technologies, Professional Level Skills on Internet of Things (IoT) Technologies, Professional Level Skills on Wireless Sensor Networks, Professional Level Skill on Network and VSAT installations, Evaluation of Tender Documents and bid submissions from Contractors and Consultants, Working Level Skills on ANDRIOD Applications Development, Working Level Skills on Hadoop and Big Data Analytics, Renewable Energy (Solar) Installations and Maintenance, Closed Circuit System Television (CCTV) installations and monitoring, Professional Working knowledge in Computing, (General Hardware/Software Troubleshooting, Networking, Graphics (Engineering Design), Data and Word Processing e.g. Corel and Microsoft Office Suites, SPSS etc).
PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES
As an academician, he plays a vital role in reviewing academic journals and conduct training. He was a Resource Person: SUBEB Teachers’ ICT Training, Ramat Polytechnic, 15th – 27th Oct. 2012 and currently working on an International Journal for Innovation Education and Research (IJIER), 2016-Date. he has also presented papers at International conferences, some of which are:
- Bababe Adam, Jimme A. M., Shettima K, Application of Geographic Information System in Urban Transportation Analysis and Planning: An Analysis of Maiduguri Urban Transportation System, Borno State, Northeast, Nigeria, being a paper presented at International Conference on Geosciences and Geographic Information Systems, 2019, Rome, 11th -12th November 2019 and
- Bababe B. Adam, Ashish Kumar Jha and Rajiv Kumar, Touch-n-Play: An Intelligent Home Automation System, being a paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, 2017, Galgotias University, India. 5th – 6th May 2017
Bababe, has worked in quite several places that has added advantage to his successful career journey. From 2008 to date he has worked in the following places listed below:
- Executive Secretary, Borno Geographic Information Service (BOGIS) Jan. 2020-Date
Key Activities: Chief Executive overseeing day to day activities of the Agency
- Personal Assistant to the Executive Governor, Borno State Government June 2019- Jan. 2020
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) National Consultant/Area Coordinator (Support to Early Recovery in the North-East) Aug.2017 -June 2019
Key Activities: Contribute effectively to UNDP’s vision to immediately stabilize conflict-affected communities in Borno State; and strengthen the resilience of conflict-affected persons against future vulnerabilities
- Computer Engineer, Ramat Polytechnic Feb. 2015- Aug. 2017
- Computer Technologist (Head of ICT Unit), Ramat Polytechnic Mar 2012- Mar. 2014
Key Activities: Overseeing the day-to-day activities of the ICT centre and the other computer related activities within the Polytechnic
- Computer Analyst, Education Res. Centre, Damaturu (NYSC) 2010-2011
- Industrial Training, Intercellular Nig. Plc., Lagos (ITF Attachment) 2007-2008
PUBLICATIONS IN REPUTABLE INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
Bababe is a man of Academic excellence who has excelled in intellectual capacities and skills in service to humanity. He has written numerous scholarly articles and papers in various high-ranked journals. Listed below are his journals with dates:
- Bukar Baba-Aji, Adam Bababe Bukar, Muhammad Alkali Abbo, Tijani B. Ngajia (2019), Design and Analysis of a Cell Phone Detector, International Journal of Computing, Engineering and Information, 6(1). Pp 31-41
- Tijani B. Ngajia, Adam Bababe Bukar, Kalli B. Mai and Abubakar Mustapha Kura (2019), Design and Implementation of Microcontroller Based Ultrasonic Sensor Sliding Door, International Journal of Information Engineering and Technology. 2(1). Pp 26-35
- Ashish K. Jha, Bababe B. Adam and Ashok K. Sahoo (2017), Plant Disease Information Generating System based on Android Application Technology, International Journal of Science and Research. 6(4). Pp 1707-1714
- Jha K. Ashish, Bababe B. Adam and Ishan Ranjan (2017), Smart Street Light Management system using LoRa Technology, International Journal of Science and Research. 6(3). Pp 2349-2352
- Babagana M. Mustapha, Valentine C. Ikpo, Adam B. Bababe (2017), Design of a variable Structure Controller for an Electromagnetic Suspension System, International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 7(1). Pp 30-38
- Bababe A. B., Ashish Kumar, Rajiv Kumar, (2017), LoRa Based Intelligent Home Automation System, International Journal of Engineering & Advanced Technology. 6(3) Pp 88-92.
- B. M. Mustapha, V. C. Ikpo and A.B. Bababe (2017), Intelligent Control for Laboratory dc Motor, International Journal of Engineering & Advanced Technology. 6(3) Pp 76-79.
- B.M. Mustapha and A.B. Bababe (2016), Propulsion of Magnetic Levitation Train, International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science, Technology and Engineering. 5(12). Pp 44-47.
- Bababe B. Adam and Shettima A. Zanna (2016), Impact of K-Yan Machine on Borno State Pupils, International Journal of Law, Education, Social and Sport Studies. 3(4). Pp 35-38.
CONFERENCES, TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED:
- National Engineering Conference and AGM themed: “Building Resilient Infrastructure to Promote Sustainable Industrial Growth”, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Kano, 2nd – 6th December 2019.
- 21st International Conference on Geosciences and Geographic Information Systems, Rome, 11th – 12th November 2019.
- 7th Tokyo Internal Conference on African Development (TICAD 7) themed: Africa and Yokohama, Sharing Passion for the Future, Yokohama, 28th – 30th August 2019.
- Conference on Strategic Alliance amongst Engineering Professionals for Enhanced Opportunities, 28th COREN Engineering Assembly, Abuja, 19th – 21st August 2019.
- International Conference on Smart Nations, Digital Economies & Meaningful lives, Nigerian Computer Society, International Conference Centre, Gombe, 16th – 18th July 2019.
- Entrepreneurship and Manufacturing in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities for a Better Future, COREN Engineering Assembly, Abuja. 7th – 9th August 2017.
- IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, ICCCA-2017, Galgotias University, Noida, India. 5th – 6th May 2017.
- Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Sharda University, India, 24th to 28th April 2017
- International Conference on Emerging Trends & Technologies in Computing ICETTC 2017, Noida International University, India, 11th – 12th April 2017.
- Seminar and Workshop on Mobile Application, Sharda University, India, 20th Sept. 2016.
- Workshop Program on Big Data Analytics & Hadoop, Geeks Lab Pvt, India 2nd April 2016
- Workshop Program on ANDROID, APTRON Solutions Pvt, India, 5th March 2016.
- Training Workshop on Cyber Security, Lucideus Tech Pvt, India. 5th February 2016.
- Annual Engineering Conference & AGM “Sunshine 2015”, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Akure, 16th – 20th November 2015.
- Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Course, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Maiduguri, 21st – 23rd August 2013.
- Training on K-Class: IT, K-Yan and Multimedia Content, IL&FS Education, Mumbai & New Delhi, 16th May – 29th June 2013.
- Workshop on Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, 27th February – 1st March 2013.
- NGnog 2012 ICT workshop: Network Infrastructure and Security, Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, 26th Nov – 1st Dec 2012.
- International Conference on Information Technology for people-centered Development, Nigerian Computer Society, International Conference Centre, Abuja, 25th – 29th July 2011.
- 4th Software Developers’ Summit, Nigerian Computer Society and Institute of Software Practitioners of Nigeria. Shell Hall, MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. 8th November 2007.
BABABE is multilingual, he is Fluent in English, Kanuri, Hausa, Arabic and Hindi Languages. His hobbies are Soft Reading, Internet Surfing and Traveling, some of his counties visited are Germany, France, Italy, Japan, India, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia and Niger. He is married and blessed with children.