Valuation Unit offers a number of professional services to Government, corporate bodies and the society at large which a non-professional in the field of Estate Management cannot provide without a professional skill and expertise. The functions include services such as property management, valuation of assets, feasibility and viability studies, public land administration, land use planning and management, project management, arranging finance for for investment, arbitration and reconciliation of disputes on land and landed properties.
Yusuf Abdullahi Kida
Below are detailed functions of Valuation Unit executed by registered Surveyors and Valuers as employer of the Borno Geographic Information Service:
- Valuation for Compulsory acquisition and Compensation of land horded properties based on section 28 and 29 of the land use Act of IV78.
- Determine the monetary value and worth of land and landed properties for various purposes such as Probate, Mortgage, insurance, going concern, rating, balance sheet. Auction reserve, and Development among other using various methods of valuation.
- Management and maintenance of land and landed properties
- Advise on the highest and best use of any land and landed properties
- Maintenance of public infrastructures assets
- Custodian of land and landed properties
- Professional property consultation and expert advice.
To have a fully computerized geospatial data in our valuation services all over the state.
To provide basic and quality services which Nigerian citizens are hoping for, in noble, fair honest, articulate, fast and transparent.